- Gave in depth explanations to some of the things I had been wondering throughout the book
- They talked about the different themes portrayed throughout each part of Jane's life
- There was more than one woman talking so it gave us a variety of different views on some topics rather than just one
- Gave a good summary of Jane Eyre
- It was hard to follow along at times
- They didn't go in to some of the topics as much as I was hoping they would have
- Long and drawn out
Something that stuck with me from the podcast is how much they describe Jane being a plain girl in the beginning. Living with her aunt Reed and cousins Jane never got the chance to express herself they way most children do. When Jane was sent to Lowood she got a better idea of what it meant to have family and friends thanks to Helen Burns. Leaving Lowood and arriving at Thornfield Hall helped Jane begin to sprout as a young women. There she gained confidence and a lot of it was because of Mr. Rochester. Falling in love with him changed Jane dramatically and by the end of the book it is clear that she has grown so much as a character. This podcast really helped me realize the journey that Jane had gone through and how much stronger and confident she had become.